Available year: 1920
The newspaper’s first issue was published on April 13, 1920. The owner and manager of the paper was Hasan Sidqi al-Dajani. Al-Quds al-Sharif described itself as “an independent, political biweekly Arabic newspaper”. From the very beginning, it clearly expressed its opposition to Jewish immigration into Palestine.  
It is worth mentioning that a newspaper of the same name came out in 1876, as the first dual-language paper in Arabic and Ottoman Turkish. It was closed soon after, but reappeared in 1903 as a weekly newspaper, which at the time was almost the only newspaper in the country. Sheikh ‘Ali al-Rimawi was in charge of editing the Arabic section of the paper, while ‘Abd al-Salam Kamal headed the editorial board of the Turkish section.