To order items using “Merhav” please follow these steps:
1. There is no need to sign in if you wish to order a periodical. For all other items, you must login to the system. Click "Sign in
" in the top right-hand corner of the Merhav
homepage. Enter the username and password you selected at registration. Click here
to register for the system if you have not yet done so.
2. Enter your search terms (e.g. author, title) in the search box.
3. Your search will produce a list of results.
4. If this list is too large and you cannot find the item you are searching for, use the filters that appear on the left hand side of the screen to refine your search.
5. Once you have found the item, click on "Locations" to find out where the item is located.
6. If the item is located in one of the Reading Rooms, there is no need to submit an order .You may go directly to the Reading Room. Reading Room hours
For items other than books, e.g. periodicals:
1. Click on "detailed information"
2. Click on order periodical
3. An online order form will appear. Fill it out according to the example provided in Option 2
4. The item has been ordered and will be waiting at your location of choice.
1. If the item is in the stacks (S) click "request". If the only option given is sign in, it is an indication that you have not signed in to the system. Click "sign in" and proceed as above.
2. Choose where you’d like to pick up the item and click “Hold.”
3. The item has been ordered and will be waiting at your location of choice.
4. Your order details will be saved in your online library card.