Quoting and/or Publishing Archival Material
Readers who quote material from the Central Archives in papers or publications are required to cite the Archives and the record numbers of the files cited, according to the following guidelines:
- In the case of original material, cite the record number of the file, e.g.: CAHJP PL/68.
- In the case of photocopies or microfilms from other archives, cite the name of that archives together with the original record number, followed by the CAHJP number, e.g.: "Osoby" Archives, Moscow, 721/1-1; microfilm at CAHJP – HM2/8693.1.
- Publication of entire texts requires written permission in advance from the CAHJP for original material and from the other archives for documents and files microfilmed or photocopied for the CAHJP.
- Publication of facsimiles or photographs involves payment for rights as well.
- A complimentary copy of any research paper or publication quoting material from the Central Archives (in the original or photocopy) must be submitted to the Archives by the author.
For any additional information you may contact us