Young children at a Chanukah play in the town of Ra'anana in the center of Israel.
The photographs were taken in 1948 and are part of the Tzalmania Photo Collection.
· Look at the costumes the girls wore for their Chanukah play more than sixty years ago. What letters appear on their skirts?
What letters do you think were written on the other sides of their skirts?
How did you guess?
What do the letters symbolize?
· Look at costumes that boys are wearing.
What is on their heads?
· Do children wear the same outfits for Chanukah plays today?
· These photographs were taken in Israel in 1948. What happened in Israel that year?
· Try to imagine that you are one of the girls or boys in the photograph. What are they thinking?