Visiting the Library
• For those coming by car: Any vehicle with a handicap sticker is allowed to enter the campus without the need for additional permits.
• The Library parking lot has a number of handicapped spaces, marked and reserved, and there is a ramp that leads from the parking lot to the lower entrance of the library.
• Ring the bell at the entrance and a security guard will come and open the door so as to assure comfortable access.
Inside the Library Building
• All of the Library's service areas are wheelchair accessible.
• The elevator is also wheelchair accessible.
• All the Reading Rooms are wheelchair accessible as well.
• The loan and reference desks are situated in convenient locations and are at a height that is appropriate for people with special needs.
• The staff is happy to help users with any request.
• The Library is also equipped to serve the vision impaired. A special, fitted computer station is available.
• Service dogs are allowed to enter the Library.
• Two programs for the aid of the blind and the visually impaired, JAWS Screen Reader and ZoomText, have been installed on the following library computers:
Judaica and Israel Reading Room (Floor 1) - Computer no. 7
General Reading Room (Floor 1) - Computer no. 2
Reference Desk (Lobby) - Computer no. 5
Priority use of those computers will be given to visually impaired people. Hearing Impaired
• Library Tours are also open to everyone. Headphones are available for the hearing impaired.
Communicating with the Library
• Readers can search for books, order items and extend loans from the comfort of their own home.
• All of these actions can be done via the "Merhav" system- the search system for the Library's databases. The system allows you to search for items, to order them from home and to be updated via email.
• It is also possible to extend loans via the "Merhav" system.
• For the reading impaired, an automated telephone service is available during library hours at the reference desk or at the loans desk.
• Additionally, the Library provides services via email.
• The Library also provides a live chat-with-a-librarian service- active from 10:00-19:30.